Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Step 8 - Finished Guitar

 

This is my finished guitar.

  • Fender Stratocaster style body from economy kit with maple veneer top
  • Front is stained natural and Back is red inked to show the grain
  • Head-stock cut has a relief to hold capo
What skills were integral to completing this task?

  • Understanding basic wood working tools
    • Cutting
    • Sanding
  • Understanding basic finishing techniques
    • Painting
    • Sealing
  • Understanding basic wiring techniques
    • Soldering
  • Understanding basic hand tool and assembly techniques
    • Hand Tools - Screw Drivers, Cutters
  • Understanding how to do basic Intonation adjustments
    • Tuning and setting up musical action on guitar

Reflective component: 
  • How could you improve this process?
    • I would make sure I extend time for intonation at end
    • Organize all help video in a Google Classroom for my students






No comments:

Post a Comment

Step 16 - Finished Guitar

I completed building an economy style kit to create instructions for my students to have during virtual courses due to covid.  (I am using t...