Sunday, July 11, 2021

Step 12 - Skills

SKILLS PAGE: Select 5 skills highlighted


Step 2 - Head-stock Design / Cutting

I am very comfortable teaching these techniques.  I have had multiple times I have taught students and done this activity myself.  I used both the machine based (Band Saw or Jigsaw) and hand based cutting techniques

I used tool safety in my skateboard production and the 10 in 20 brainstorming activity will work in the deck design phase and my robotics course building.


Step 3 - Paint and Finish

I am now very comfortable using and teaching how to do various ways to paint a guitar. Spray, Hand, Dip, Splatter painting - or inking and staining wood bodies. I have learned the dip painting works better with Marble Paint rather then traditional oil based paints.

I am using more techniques in my students skateboard painting design.


Step 5 - Electronics

I feel better about my soldering skills, but realize I need to maintain my equipment at a higher level.

I am using the electronics schematics info to help my 7th grade robotics course and they are servicing my 5th grade motors for their car projects


Step 6 - Stringing

I am still working on intonation, fret leveling and setting up guitars for better quality of play-ability.

I will use this with our high school music program.


Step 8-9 - CNC

I feel like I have a direction to go for the CNC Fusion 360 software,  I need to actually use it on my new CNC machine to gain more confidence in using it in reality.


The CNC will directly transfer to our engineering course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Step 16 - Finished Guitar

I completed building an economy style kit to create instructions for my students to have during virtual courses due to covid.  (I am using t...