Monday, June 28, 2021

Step 2 & Step 3 - Cutting Head-stock and Sanding



In these videos I show how I safely cut my head-stock design using a jigsaw (or Band/Coping Saw)

What skills were integral to completing this task?

  • You will need to learn each tools safety procedures.
  • It is to sand if you have a clamp to hold the neck and body as well as sanding sponges to get into hard corners.
  • Remember when sanding the lower the number on the sandpaper the rougher the grit
  • Measure twice cut once!
  • Patience in sanding going from highest to lowest grit makes for a much better finish!

Reflective component: 
  • How could you improve this process?
    • I would make sure you have multiple sanding tools available (not only by hand but mechanical)
    • I would have samples of other head-stock designs that didn't succeed (broken tips)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Step 16 - Finished Guitar

I completed building an economy style kit to create instructions for my students to have during virtual courses due to covid.  (I am using t...